[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:43:16 -0400
Which, at the same pixel pitch, is only 5.8 MP on a 4/3 sensor or 8.6 MP
on a small sensor Canyon.

Does anyone remember the quote from the Oly exec who was asked about the
OM to 4/3 adapter before it was available?  I will paraphrase it as:
"Why you want to use old lens on new camera?"  A 10 MP 4/3 sensor has
the pixel density of a 38 MP 35mm size frame.  Old lenses may not be
able to hack the pixel densities soon.  While I'm sure Johnny is correct
about the better glass being able to handle 22 MP I've seen it reported
that some of the wide angle glass can't handle the 13-16 MP of the
existing bodies, at least at the edges.  One saving grace for an OM lens
on a 4/3 body it that only the sweet, center spot is brought into play.

Chuck Norcutt