[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:25:12 +0800
On 25/07/07, Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyway, were there as many people obsessed with corner/edge sharpness
> in the days of film as there are now or does all the banter on the
> forums that are available now and the ability to view images at 100%
> on our monitors tend to feed our insecurities?

Exactly my point. During the Eighties when I had a stint working at Michaels
in Melbourne, we meet up with all sorts of photographers - serious amateurs,
club users and working pros. No one brought lupes to look at negs or slides
or prints. No one check out at 100X magnification. These days teepee-revue
in my mind is sacriligeous in the way they have become overly obsessed with
over-engineered technicalities that are too sensational for normal readers
to even understand. And in the end, that's what people hype about. There are
actually BETTER and MORE PRACTICAL/PrAGMATIC reviews elsewhere that I
believe do a more realistic job at reviewing a camera.

K.

--
"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox