[OM] Zuiko OM telephoto (of range>=200)

Subject: [OM] Zuiko OM telephoto (of range>=200)
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:26:14 +0200
Hello,

Recently I've been doing some scanning of shotes I took with Vivitar
Series 1 70-210 zoom and am not quite satisfied with the quality it
delivers. It's a bit soft, particuralry on the longer range, even when
stopped down. What other lens - made by Olympus - would you recommend?
I've been thinking of purchasing 200/5 but versatility of zoom lenses is
not something I would like to give up; Photography in Malaysia[1] lists a
number of Zuiko zooms. Which one would you recommend? And - what is even
more important - where is it possible to acquire one from? After an
exhaustive search on popular auction site it seems as if Zuiko zooms are
not most popular lenses people like to get rid of.

Oh, and has anyone also bad experience with forementioned Vivitar? Maybe
it's not the lens but me (I shoot exclusively with tripod, no filters
applied). 13x18cm prints, however, are - as I said - soft.

[1].
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/index.htm

--
Używam klienta poczty Opera Mail: http://www.opera.com/mail/