[OM] Re: Zuiko OM telephoto (of range>=200)

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko OM telephoto (of range>=200)
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:02:02 +0200
Dnia 24-07-2007 o 23:14:25 Jeff Keller <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
napisał(a):

I'd like to thank all you guys for most useful tips and remarks I will for
sure make use of.

> You didn't mention which Vivitar S1 70-210 you had. The last version
> made by Cosina doesn't live up to the reputation of the earlier ones.

Variant 2 according to Mark's taxonomy[1], made by Tokina. One of two best
versions of this lens. As they say.

> The Zuiko 200/5 is nice. It is probably harder to find than the Zuiko
> 200/4. The Zuiko 65-200 is notorious for developing a haze on an
> internal element which can't be removed. That reputation has probably
> hurt the price. The Zuiko 85-250 is liked by many. I haven't used it.
> The Zuiko 50-250/5 is one of my favorite lenses because of its small
> size and high quality. They are expensive however.

Thanks. Zuiko 50-250 hasn't been listed on Ebay for ages (if at all).
65-200 is thus off the list.

[1]. http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

--
Łukasz Grabuń