[OM] Re: Portra battles-really over, kinda sorta, but almost undoubtedly

Subject: [OM] Re: Portra battles-really over, kinda sorta, but almost undoubtedly
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:01:34 -0400
Yep,
Amazing amount of old stock considering the new formulation began
shipping in Dec 06. I am buying it from Calumet at least for the next 6
mos until it is clear all the old stock is depleted. Would recommend
being very explicit about the "new with finer grain" announcement
appearing on the carton. There is no other way to tell as the the Cat.
#'s are identical. I would doubt any 160VC is old stock at Calumet but
have no clue on the others. They will check for you, however, and I was
pleased with the cust. service.
Mike

Rob Harrison wrote:
> Sorry, still catching up. Has Portra changed since they sent out the
free
> film? That's my main film these days....

No, just the opposite. There was a lot of the old stuff in the
pipeline,
some still.

Various folks who liked their results with the free new stuff were
frustrated trying to buy more.

Moose

from AOL at AOL.com.