[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:49:25 +0200
Ooops I didn't want to start an osx versus  windows  war again I only
wanted to point out that the new parallels version fills in the gap I
have been missing in a perfect system,  now I have a perfect setup for me.

I accept that not everyone agrees with apples policy, but by restricting
hardware options they can test and produce much more resilient code than
others.

I don't know why it was said that PC's are significantly less expensive,
I am forced to buy PC' laptops for the company and they are more
expensive than the apple equivalents even disregarding the software that
comes with apple. If you want cheap then you can't argue with the mini
(although I would  personally wait until they upgrade it to core2duo)
and if you want superior then you can't argue with the mac pro. I think
apple struck a deal with intel so they get the fastest chips before
anyone else. I guess they have their reasons for not competing in the
mid range market eg dual core desktops. In a way I am glad cos now I
have a quad machine ;-) which I bought from the apple refurb store.

Windows licensing is fast becoming a real pain, like solaris was, I used
to spend around 20 per cent of my time just on licensing issues.

anyway  for me the debate is over, I now have  an intel  mac and I can
run any OS I want and what's more windoze isn't any more it runs fast.

I am only interested in the best tools for the job and for the first
time since starting with computers one box now does what I want as quick
as I need, finally the hardware people are making em fast enough that
the software people can't slow em down quick enough - yet!

maybe its better to lets cool it down and all agree to disagree ;-)