[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:04:03 +1000
If you think it's about economics, you've missed the point mate. All
Apple need to do is change their logo to a big red spot and I'll be
even happier.
Today I go off to school to write reports on a package that's PC
only, assisted by the sysops who form a larger tribe than most
teaching departments because on any given day there are at least
three people who can't get something to work and the rest of the time
they are upgrading, patching the problems caused by the upgrades,
trying to get the packages that the education department makes us use
to work, and so on. They outright refuse to support macs because
they're too busy. Their manager actually told the Principal that he
couldn't log me on because it would upset Novell. I'll put it down to
ignorance rather than a bare-faced lie but now it is conventional
wisdom. There is a level of absurdity that makes me weep on a good day.
The problem with PC's is that so many people who have to use them
really don't understand them, including me (I have to do what?!).
Mac's are for people like me who don't want to ever look under the
hood. That's what I pay for. Twenty years, six or seven Macs and
never a catastrophic failure of any kind or a software problem/
conflict that couldn't be sorted very simply or a nasty virus.
An I am an agnostic.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx