[OM] Re: Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]

Subject: [OM] Re: Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:22:37 -0500

> I do know to download SilverFast AI IT8 & activate my scanner with
> SilverFast to create ICC profile, don't I? And I select this profile
> in Nikon Scan to replace monitor profile was created by Spyder 2 Pro?

I got a version of SF with my Epson scanner, and as I understood things, the
profiles are good only for transpariencies and reflected material. That's
why they include NegaFix, which did seem to work well when I tried it.

> Although I have never used SilverFast but I prefer to use Nikon Scan
> for scanning since its' interface is user friendly.

I found the SF software to be quite easy to use, but don't have nikon Scan
to compare.

I really wich I could remember the party line on why profiles don't work for
negatives. Perhaps I need to control my drinking?

Bill Pearce