[OM] Re: [OT] VB6 ; was Alternative to Adobe Bridge, etc.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] VB6 ; was Alternative to Adobe Bridge, etc.
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:22:43 +0100
Le samedi 09 Décembre 2006 16:48, Allan Mee a écrit :
> (Vb 6.0 is one of their most respected and much loved and used/abused
> products - and was probably one of their biggest cash-cows).

I know many people who'd add that it's one of their most bugged product too.
And honestly, as a programming language, VB has some dramatic
inconsistencies. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a otherwise a strong supporter of
BASIC programming for the general public ; I think the bad reputation of the
language is now totaly unfair, and if more people tried it, they'd cope much
better with their computer, generaly. Personaly, I'm learning the deepnesses
of Gambas on Linux, and scripting major KDE applications with DCOP is a real
pleasure to achieve some unbelievable stunts with just a dozen lines of
coding "glue").

--
Manuel Viet