[OM] Re: aperture and lightroom - sorry mac users only

Subject: [OM] Re: aperture and lightroom - sorry mac users only
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:25:51 +0100
It is a pain which is why I want to commit to one product or the other.
What I have done so far is to create on folder (filesystem) called
photos and then I have all my images in a structure underneath e.g
scans, cameraphotos which are then further subdivided under year and
month etc.  I have copied this folder to two disks, then I created the
libraries for aperture and lightroom inside but at the top level of the
photos folder. Once the import is complete - do it with the create
preview option for better performance (costs is approx 10 percent disk
space), I can copy the complete folder to another disk and then just
point the applications to the library and away I go.

The conclusion I came to is that I still have the originals untouched, I
can export the  images from the library at any time, but then I only get
up to the latest change, BUT I figure that if I have adjusted it once
then it is unlikely I will go back and play with it, and even if I do it
will be the exception rather than the norm.

I don't like being tied to a product  - I got burnt once, it wont happen
again.

IanW