[OM] Re: [OT] MS Vista

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] MS Vista
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:59:44 +0100
Le vendredi 08 Décembre 2006 13:16, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :
> Agreed, but we need more than 32 and no one has chosen to give us 48.

Hum... we certainly need more than 32 bits for memory addressing, but it's a
different breed of bus width than general computing bandwidth. In that
respect, it's been since 1996 that intel managed to squeeze more than 32 bits
addressing in the Xeon line of processor. But as general use of 64 bits
computing goes, it's uneeded for home use - I'm not speaking about industrial
requirements here. Of course, catia and such need more, but you're unlikely
to toy with that kind of application at home.

--
Manuel Viet