[OM] Re: Alternative to Adobe Bridge [was aperture and lightroom]

Subject: [OM] Re: Alternative to Adobe Bridge [was aperture and lightroom]
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 14:30:26 +0000
Having just d/l and tried FastStone, I can say I like it a lot.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Alternative to Adobe Bridge [was aperture and lightroom]
>Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 02:37:43 -0800
>
>Winsor Crosby wrote:
> > I suspect they will be close in price. I think I am less interested
> > as they both seem to be aimed at the photographer who goes out and
> > shoots a thousand images in a day. PS and Bridge are just fine for
> > me. I just worry that Adobe will somehow make Bridge less capable and
> > make both Lightroom and PS CS3 the "photographers package".
> >
>I haven't been all that happy with Bridge. It's slow to load, to read
>and display EXIF and there is no was to see images large without loading
>them into PS.
>
>I've started using FastStone Viewer instead, and really like it. It's
>much faster and has many more viewing options. You can put in which
>program to open the image in. Just select the image(s) you want,  type E
>and it opens in PSCS at least as quickly as from Bridge.
>
>Moose

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com