[OM] Re: E-1 Battery Clones

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Battery Clones
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 00:45:04 +0200
>Last year I bought a BLM-1 clone battery from CompUSA.  I've
>used in in rotation with the OEM battery that came with the E-1.
>This battery consistantly gives me about 90% of the runtime of
>the OEM and does give identical voltage readings (with and
>without load).
>
>Just bought a second one a couple weeks ago.
>
>These are light-grey colored and go by the "DIGITAL Concepts"
>brand.  BTW, I've had tremendous success with the "DIGITAL"
>rechargeable AA batteries at WalMart.  The latest set of
>four(including the 20 minute charger) cost a mere pittance and
>have actually kept my flash going for entire weddings and
>events.

Look up this page:
http://t5r.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/e1/clonetests.htm

Last January, I have bought the Uniross VB104295 (highly rated in the test
above) from MDS batteries:
http://www.mdsbattery.com.fr
http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk
http://www.mdsbattery.com

Currently priced at $25.99:
http://www.mdsbattery.com/shop/productprofile.asp?Model=&ProductGroupID=1740&Brand=&DepartmentName=&DepartmentID=

The battery has worked flawlessly since January. I have not checked the voltage
nor the runtime precisely, but in current usage the battery seems to me to be
indistinguishable from the BLM-1.

Bernard