[OM] Re: Proper use of a handheld incident meter in the digital world

Subject: [OM] Re: Proper use of a handheld incident meter in the digital world
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 22:17:10 -0400
Yes, I use my Sekonic L-358 incident/flash meter almost all the time.
I'm not sure I even remember how to use the camera's meter these days or
that I'd trust it if I did.  Using the incident meter I don't have any
exposure problems.  You do have to be aware of the sensor's actual
sensitivity rating when using an external meter.  The Canons are ISO 125
at indicated ISO 100.  Not much of an error.  But I'm sure you're aware
of the 2/3 stop error in the Minolta A1.  In fact, I think it was you
who pointed me to that fact in dpreview's coverage of the A1.

How does it square up to the histogram?  Well, that's a different
question to which I don't really know the answer.

Chuck Norcutt