[OM] Re: E-1 Battery Clones

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Battery Clones
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:08:57 -0700
I've also had the Oly AA batteries live for many years and 1 out of 4
Energizer batteries die fairly quickly. Unfortunately my SO discovered I had
a "ready supply" of AA batteries. Her CD player sucks every last bit of
energy out of them and in the process often kills them. I'm not sure if that
was the cause of the early death of the Energizer. I'll have to create a
secret stash of several brands for scientific experiments.  ;-)

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Actually, I have the opposite experience. I have two or three batches
of 4 1600 mAh Oly-brand batteries, they're about 5 years old. When
comparing with similarly rated (new) Uniross and Energizer
rechargeables, the Oly-brand gives me about twice as many shots of my
flashes than does the two other brands. Strange, but true.

I'll probably pick up Oly-brand again - yes, they're overpriced, but
the experiences cited above have convinced me that they're worth it.

Now, the scientist in me wonders why it is like this.

--thomas