[OM] Re: E-1 Battery Clones

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Battery Clones
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 01:18:24 +0200
Actually, I have the opposite experience. I have two or three batches
of 4 1600 mAh Oly-brand batteries, they're about 5 years old. When
comparing with similarly rated (new) Uniross and Energizer
rechargeables, the Oly-brand gives me about twice as many shots of my
flashes than does the two other brands. Strange, but true.

I'll probably pick up Oly-brand again - yes, they're overpriced, but
the experiences cited above have convinced me that they're worth it.

Now, the scientist in me wonders why it is like this.

--thomas

On Aug 4, 2006, at 12:51 AM, Martyn Smoothy wrote:

> Bought a Uniross battery to use as a spare with my e-1 back in
> January. No
> discernible difference between it & the Olympus battery which came
> with the
> camera. Despite the dire warnings from some list members at the
> time I can
> see no reason to pay the extortionate prices being asked (at least
> here in
> the UK) for Oly branded batteries.

Thomas Clausen
Thomas.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx