[OM] Proper use of a handheld incident meter in the digital world

Subject: [OM] Proper use of a handheld incident meter in the digital world
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:40:54 -0700 (PDT)
Has anybody been using an incident light meter in combination
with shooting digital? I've been attempting to "calibrate" my
methodology and haven't quite been able to square up my readings
with what I'm seeing with histograms.

I'm wondering if it's the classic 18%=middle grey dilemma biting
me?

Just because we "can" use histograms most of the time, doesn't
mean that they work ALL of the time.  It's in these odd lighting
conditions where I need my handheld meter and I can't seem to
get my images to match what I think the exposure should be.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com