[OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:46:02 -0700
Bernard Frangoulis wrote:
>> Sorry, chaps.  I had thought that I was communicating with intelligent
>> people, but I think that I must have been mistaken.
>>
>> You seem to be trusting to hearsay to suit your own habits.  There's
>> enough violence in the world without propagating it in your own back
>> yard, whether notional or not.
>>
>> I think that I'll give the List a rest for a while.
>>
>> Cheerio
>>
>> Chris

> Same here. "Insular" is the word!
>
> Guys from over the pond, don't forget that for most of the rest of the
> world, this gun-toting stuff is nonsense, and dangerous nonsense at that.

Sometimes enlightenment is selective. That's okay.

> I don't even want to go into arguments for or against. Suffice to say that
> this is _shocking_ to a large part of non US list members, and probably to
> some of the US ones as well.

"Shocking?" C'mon, Bernard. Grow up. if an expression about a way of life is
shocking to you, might be you need to re-examine your priorities.

> I don't parade on the list exhibiting my (non)religious views, because I
> don't want to offend those who might not agree with them. Please, don't
> offend those for whom, in a civilized state, ordinary citizens should not
> carry guns.

Nossir! I'd never even THINK of enlightening them!

> Now, back to photography... ;-)
>
> Bernard

keith whaley
A free and peaceful man, a gun(s) owner, and totally non-dangerous. To anyone.
Anywhere.