[OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up with the OM list? It's gone strange and insular.
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 23:20:40 +0200
>Sorry, chaps.  I had thought that I was communicating with
>intelligent people, but I think that I must have been mistaken.
>
>You seem to be trusting to hearsay to suit your own habits.  There's
>enough violence in the world without propagating it in your own back
>yard, whether notional or not.
>
>I think that I'll give the List a rest for a while.
>
>Cheerio
>
>Chris

Same here. "Insular" is the word!

Guys from over the pond, don't forget that for most of the rest of the world,
this gun-toting stuff is nonsense, and dangerous nonsense at that. I don't even
want to go into arguments for or against. Suffice to say that this is
_shocking_ to a large part of non US list members, and probably to some of the
US ones as well.

I don't parade on the list exhibiting my (non)religious views, because I don't
want to offend those who might not agree with them. Please, don't offend those
for whom, in a civilized state, ordinary citizens should not carry guns.

Now, back to photography... ;-)

Bernard