[OM] Re: "Hot pixels"

Subject: [OM] Re: "Hot pixels"
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:06:35 -0700
It has always been a problem on long exposures with all digital
cameras. That is why most cameras have a long exposure mode. Two
images are taken during long exposure mode, one with the shutter
closed, and the hot pixels are subtracted from your image. Hot
components near the sensor will also show up as a kind of heat flare
on long exposures if the camera is not carefully designed. Long
exposure mode will get that too. If you look at the old reviews on
dpreview compared to newer ones you will see that it has gotten much
better though, not worse.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA