[OM] Re: Before responding to Larry

Subject: [OM] Re: Before responding to Larry
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:34:15 +0200
>> Adobe employees pay a price that must be higher than production
>> costs but
>> get a very good discount. The internet can provide friends that
>> you've never
>> met. Going back to school for a quarter can provide an alternative
>> approved
>> discount on lots of things.
>>
>> Most choices are not forced by necessity. Often people choose to
>> be pirates
>> because they want to be seen as setting an example for less
>> enlightened
>> people.
>
> Why call them a cutesy name like "pirates?" Call them thieves.
> That's what a
> so-called pirate is. They take things that don't belong to them,
> offer no
> remuneration for their cache, and then brag about the fact that
> they are low
> life thieves.
> For that, they expect kudos?

Piracy involves a wooden leg, a bottle of rum, boarding and stealing
ships in high sea, an eye-patch and optionally a parrot and the
occasional exclamation of "Arrrgh"....

Since we all know how badly eye-patches and photography mixes, I
think it's safe to say that there're no pirates around our mailing-
list, and that therefore this discussion is moot.

Yes, speaking metaphorically....but sense the intent.....

Cheers,

--thomas