[OM] Re: Before responding to Larry

Subject: [OM] Re: Before responding to Larry
From: Rick Beckrich <rick_beckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:03:51 -0700 (PDT)
Amen, amen , amen. Made the same mistake with an MG sedan!
  (and that Practina... and then the Bronica S... and...well, too many times!)

Winsor Crosby  wrote: Many years ago I bought a SAAB which was the darling
sports sedan of every car mag and filled with glowing reports I ignored my
reaction during the short test drive. Turned out to be the worst car I ever
owned, for many reasons...

  ...never believe what you read without carefully confirming for yourself.

On Jul 21, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Jeff Keller wrote:

> I somewhat agree about a test drive ... but after driving the same car
> (almost always) for 20 years there weren't any more cars that felt
> right.
> The functional needs didn't leave many options. I sat in the
> prospective car
> but avoided salesmen and never drove it. Most of the biggest issues
> are
> found by reading or talking to owners. The Mustang I mentioned, I
> had test
> driven and found I definitely didn't want the automatic but I
> didn't find
> out how bad it was in the rain. (It was intended from the beginning
> to go
> live with my son after a year or two of play.) I'm very happy with
> the new
> car and if it holds up, which I doubt it will, I would probably
> keep it 20
> years.

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx