[OM] Re: Before responding to Larry

Subject: [OM] Re: Before responding to Larry
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:37:50 +1000

> Even though a car salesman's main purpose is to get as high
> of a price for the car as possible, I assume he is a decent
> person that is trying to earn a living and I would rather not
> waste his time.

...and I'd rather (s)he didn't waste my time too.  This goes for a lot of
salespersons I've had contact with.

I'd never buy a car (that I was going to drive regularly) without a test
drive.  A number of times when looking for a car I've done my homework and
worked out what I thought would be the "best", then after test driving a few
which met my criteria bought one which I hadn't rated high "on paper".  The
appeal of certain cars (like cameras - on-topic ?) is very subjective.

...Wayne