[OM] Re: Before responding to Larry

Subject: [OM] Re: Before responding to Larry
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:26:50 -0700
WW - "would I steal it? I refuse to answer that question upon the grounds
and for the reason that my answer might tend to incriminate me."

.. If you don't like the standard retail price there are alternatives to
stealing it.

WW - "just don't care or know much about cars."

.. I don't plan on fixing it myself although I did buy a trailer hitch and
few other things that I either have or will install myself. The only stick
shift I've met that "had to be changed" was on a Mustang and that took me
probably less than 30 minutes. As long as I have a good view out the windows
any car with good mileage works fine for commuting. A little reading gives
better info about dirt road/off road driving than a test drive on city
streets in heavy traffic. Just looking at a car tells me a lot about how
effective it will be for moving refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc. ... and
if I can sleep in it.

Even though a car salesman's main purpose is to get as high of a price for
the car as possible, I assume he is a decent person that is trying to earn a
living and I would rather not waste his time.

Vegetarian? -- I work with quite a few vegetarians. For the most part they
are very intelligent, hard working, and thin ... but as a negative
generalization, they aren't especially strong nor quick to perform physical
labor. They do drive cars. They probably won't get mad cow disease. AG has
said he goes vegetarian when he goes hiking, so apparently there aren't any
real negatives. I should consider it I guess.

I consider the software pirates/thieves who brag about their actions to be a
little like those who write virus or Trojan horse software. If they are any
good at it they just screw things up for others who are trying to go on with
their life.

-jeff