[OM] Re: Lexar CF Media

Subject: [OM] Re: Lexar CF Media
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:22:41 -0700
The 8G is $300 thus less than $40 per GB.

I know many like to have more than one card. My theory is that if I can't
take pictures without the card in the camera, the card will stay with the
camera and not get lost.

I was also quite irritated by Lexar making their free external reader a
"trap" which became useless with the second card I bought.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I switched to SanDisk Ultra II 1GB and 2GB after buying my first two
256MB Lexar (40X?) cards.  Nothing wrong with the cards except that I
bought a deal where each card came with an external reader.  They didn't
tell me that the readers were propietary and would only work with Lexar
cards.

Regular price at B&H for 2GB Ultra II is $80.  1GB is $47 and 512MB
right now has a rebate making them only $17 apiece.

Chuck Norcutt