[OM] Re: Lexar CF Media

Subject: [OM] Re: Lexar CF Media
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:29:32 -0400
I switched to SanDisk Ultra II 1GB and 2GB after buying my first two
256MB Lexar (40X?) cards.  Nothing wrong with the cards except that I
bought a deal where each card came with an external reader.  They didn't
tell me that the readers were propietary and would only work with Lexar
cards.  That Lexar would do that ticked me off and I'll never buy
another Lexar product again no matter what.  I've since bought a SanDisk
reader which works with anything and is much, much faster than the
proprietary Lexar junk.  It reads the Ultra II's at close to 9MB/sec.

Anyhow I buy Ultra II since it's cost effective for speed.  Nothing goes
faster on my 5D.  Not sure how the A1 performs with Ultra II but I'm
sure it's faster than the camera.

Regular price at B&H for 2GB Ultra II is $80.  1GB is $47 and 512MB
right now has a rebate making them only $17 apiece.  Better per MB price
than the Lexar if you don't mind the smaller card.

Chuck Norcutt