[OM] Re: took too many pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: took too many pictures
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:13:04 -0700 (PDT)
> I think it was introduced in 1988.  I hauled one around for a
> number of months to large accounts before we started shipping
> the beasts.

This one was GTE.  We know it was around in 1988, possibly a
year earlier.  It had the serial interface as well as the
parallel interface which made it perfect for hooking up to a
data modem.

> Of course it goes off line!  Could you imagine the lawsuits
> from guys who try to preview a print-out and get their ties
> caught in the printhead?  There's a visual right out of a
> Jerry Lewis movie!

Well, I hate to admit this...  When the ribbon jam happened I
juryrigged the switch...  Yes, I was wearing a tie.

Did you know that the power-supply in that printer has enough
capacitance to keep the printer running for almost five seconds
after you pull the plug?

AG

I do miss that tie.

http://mail.yahoo.com