[OM] Re: took too many pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: took too many pictures
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:31:37 -0700
It does not surprise me. I was surprised when I had Canon how quickly
support was dropped for older models. This sounds like a lesser model
though. I think 150,000 is the usual lifetime for one of the better
DSLRs. This is not across brands though. Some high usage shooters on
the dpreview Nikon forums have had to replace worn out shutters and
it is no problem with the rest of the camera. As for lifetime, even
though the Nikon shutter life is stated to be 150,000, few I have
read about had well over 200,000, one over 400,000. So I think that
lifetime figure is probably very conservative to avoid warranty repair.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA