[OM] Re: took too many pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: took too many pictures
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:52:38 -0700
It depended on the camera, I think. Nikon N80, an amateur film
camera, was 30K. F3, F4, F5 and F6, pro film cameras, were 150K. The
D2H is also 150K, but the D200 is 100K like the F100. So I think that
the assumption that there has been an improvement in shutter life is
probably not correct. I think that it is assumed by the camera
companies that the life of the digital camera is less just because of
technological change. So even though there is heavier shutter use
with a digital, the camera will be replaced sooner any way.

And someone shooting 100K+ on a 30K actuation shutter in an amateur
camera probably bought the wrong camera.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA