[OM] Re: took too many pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: took too many pictures
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:00:00 -0700 (PDT)
ScottGee wrote:
> Gee, Ken, thanks for the endorsement!  Depending on how the
> paper jams are occurring, the printer may need adjustment.
> And did the ribbon jam while an Epson brand ribbon was in the
> printer?  Third party ribbons often lack proper lubricant in
> their formulae and will jam or foul the head.

The paper jams are USUALLY human error caused.  But we're
starting to see problems with paper. Turns out we got a shipment
of paper that has the sprocket holes at a different width!
Since this is a push/pull printer, it can really get its shorts
in a wad with misalligned holes.

> I worked for (Seiko) Epson and helped introduce the DFX-5000
> to the market *many* years ago.  It was a major step up for
> the company.

Ok, this is getting out of hand. Isn't ANYTHING sacred on this
list?  Isn't there anything that somebody here doesn't know
about?  Any idea what year they came out?  Around here,
everything is dated by who happened to work for whom at the
time.

> Point being, the DFX series was overdesigned and underspeced
> which was typical of Epson printers.

Oh, I forgot--there is one thing that is a problem with this
unit. When you open the cover the printer goes off-line. No
problem, except that when printing certain line lengths (2-3")
the printer starts to oscillate. This oscillation will cause the
cover to bounce taking it off-line.  Just setting a ream of
paper on the top takes care of it, though.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com