[OM] Re: took too many pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: took too many pictures
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:45:22 -0400
On 7/17/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ScottGee wrote:
SNIP!

> > I worked for (Seiko) Epson and helped introduce the DFX-5000
> > to the market *many* years ago.  It was a major step up for
> > the company.
>
> Ok, this is getting out of hand. Isn't ANYTHING sacred on this
> list?  Isn't there anything that somebody here doesn't know
> about?  Any idea what year they came out?  Around here,
> everything is dated by who happened to work for whom at the
> time.

Sacred?  This list???!!!  Oh, I get it; you're making a "joke"; very funny!

I think it was introduced in 1988.  I hauled one around for a number
of months to large accounts before we started shipping the beasts.

> > Point being, the DFX series was overdesigned and underspeced
> > which was typical of Epson printers.
>
> Oh, I forgot--there is one thing that is a problem with this
> unit. When you open the cover the printer goes off-line. No
> problem, except that when printing certain line lengths (2-3")
> the printer starts to oscillate. This oscillation will cause the
> cover to bounce taking it off-line.  Just setting a ream of
> paper on the top takes care of it, though.

Of course it goes off line!  Could you imagine the lawsuits from guys
who try to preview a print-out and get their ties caught in the
printhead?  There's a visual right out of a Jerry Lewis movie!  You've
already figured out that the cover switch either needs to be cleaned
or replaced.