[OM] Re: WB adjustment in E-things

Subject: [OM] Re: WB adjustment in E-things
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:01:50 -0700
According to reviews the auto white balance setting can be fine tuned
on your camera.

Do you have Photoshop? Take a neutral colored object like a gray or
white card next time you go shooting with auto white balance. When
you open the pix in Photoshop click on the color sampler tool. It is
in the stack under the eyedropper button. Change the sample size in
the tool bar up above to 5x5.  Clicking on your neutral object will
open the Info window. Move the color sampler eye dropper over the
image of your neutral object and read the color balance in the Info
window in either RGB or CMY.

Even without Photoshop magenta is fairly obvious stuff. Take some
pictures of white billowy clouds and look at the shadows. If there is
magenta it will leap out at you, unless you are used to scanned Fuji
film.  :-)

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA