[OM] Re: Opinions: Small Digital Point-and-Shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions: Small Digital Point-and-Shoot
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:27:05 -0400
I was just thinking.  I have one of these auxiliary lens sets for my
Petri 7s (my first camera).  The photo on this auction doesn't show it
but the text verifies that it includes not only the tele and wide
adapter but the case and brightline finder as well.  I bought mine on
the bay several years ago for less than $10.  Couldn't afford it way,
way back when (circa 1963)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Petri-Auxiliary-Lens-Set_W0QQitemZ7628389314QQihZ017QQcategoryZ30099QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Anyhow, the brightline is designed to slip into the cold shoe of the
camera.  'Course your modern thingie don't have no cold shoe.  But a
little surgery and epoxy on the likes of this thing
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Multi-Purpose-Professional-Hot-Shoe-Brand-New-Flash_W0QQitemZ7626841238QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64354QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
or a shoe absconded from something else would probably serve.

The Petri 7s had a 42mm lens so the wide angle adapter is probably about
35mm and the tele about 60-70mm.  And even if these frames don't cover
the range of your F10 I think you'll be able to interpolate.

Chuck Norcutt