[OM] Re: Opinions: Small Digital Point-and-Shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions: Small Digital Point-and-Shoot
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:39:14 +1000
That's not bad - the noise on the boards in 903 at 400ISO would be
considered a problem by many but it's all pretty good for a P&S -
nice regular grain chroma noise. Sometimes the quality of the noise
is as important as the fact that it is there. I am seeing a rather
strange 'cloth' texture on some - look at the shadow and green leaf
areas of 906 where it is most pronounced.
Incidentally, the first one looks suspiciously like an Australian
'Paperbark' (Melaleuca ssp.).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx