[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:20:29 -0800 (PST)
> > I think everybody here knows how I feel about the 100/2.8...
> I should have paid more attention to your feeling about this
> one.

It's OK.

> I had decided to buy a LN one, which was not silvernosed
> neither MC

I'm quite partial to the ones that are from that particular time
period. The early ones are pretty good, but those in the 110,000
to 125,000 serial number range seem to have something unique
going on. The later blacknosed, multicoated versions just aren't
the same thing. They changed the formulation to be sharpest at
different apertures than the earlier/mid versions.

> Think that I hold on because I haven't yet resolved Zuiko's
> half stop
> difference between full aperture and next f stop, I mean
> between 2.8 and 4
> in this lens.

It bugged me for the first two or three weeks...

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com