[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:15:53 +0000
Rob

I have a Tamron 60-300 which I am thinking of selling, complete with
adaptor Rob, or a 50-250 Zuiko.  Both are good lenses, but I really
need only one of them.  The Tamron has the greater range and the closer
focus (really, really close)  Send me an email at the address below if
you like (or give me a call).  I work at RAF Wyton, not far from Sawtry
(or Julian in "Gumster" for that matter).  I live in Gamlingay, not far
from Piers Hemy.  Some day, perhaps in May, we can get together on a
suitable photo shoot as we have done before in London.  Watch this
space for a message from Jason.

I am not sure that I agree with Simon about ISO 200 films.  I find them
nice to use and the grain is not intrusive.  For that matter, the
modern ISO 400s and even the 800s are pretty good - thinking of Fuji
Superia or Press films.  But I do like to stick to ISO 100 if I am
considering enlargement.

Chris

On 17 Jan 2005, at 21:48, robert smith wrote:

> The first pictures I had back from peak were far sharper than anything
> I had
> recieved back from Tesco or Boots so I have decided it would be good to
> stick with them.
>
> I have a 50mm f1.4 and a 35-70 f3.6 on the way.
>
> I would like to get a 135 f2.8
>
> Playing around with my father-in-laws 300mm zoom at the weekend made me
> realise that I ought to eventually get a 300 f4.5.
>
> My use of 200 ASA films came from using my OM10  infrequently and
> using a
> 200 would cope with whatever I might do.
> Now that my OM1n and it is coming up with better pictures than I could
> ever
> get with my poorly Om10 I will use it far more and choose more
> appropriate
> films.
>
> I shall scribble down what you have said and go shopping.
>
> Rob
>
> from Sawtry

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker