[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:10:19 -0800 (PST)
> > I am currently getting a few lenses to enable me to make
> > better use of situations.

My primary kit of choice as it has evolved contains the
following lenses:

24/2.8
35/2.8
50/3.5
100/2.8
135/3.5
200/4

My city walkabout kit contains the 35/2.8 and the 100/2.8.  My
dayhike kit contains the 24/2.8, 35/2.8, 100/2.8 and 200/4.
With these lenses I can accomplish almost anything.  Oh, I also
pack an extension tube for macro.  There are days where the 24mm
isn't wide enough or the 200mm isn't long enough, but those are
few.

My advice isn't to get lot's of lenses, but to get a few very
selective lenses. There is little need for two, much less one
50mm lens for most people.  The 50mm is a neither fish nor fowl
lens.  My "standard" lens is the 35/2.8.  It's a perfect
complement to the 100/2.8.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail