[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:35:16 -0000
> The 35-70/3.6 is supposed to be a good lens. The f4 isn't. I don't like my
> f4. It's on my wife's OM-30 with 400ASA negative film (says it all!).

The F3.6 is a very good lens, but quite bulky and heavy for what it is. The
F4 is an OK lens, but mine sees little use because of its relatively cheap
feel, and the 3.5-4.5 is a better compromise for my uses. Do you not like
the physical or the optical characteristics of the F4?

For the OM30 you *really need* the AF version of the F4.

> Simon

Julian