[OM] Re: 35mm Film

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm Film
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:03:54 -0800 (PST)
> Why is that? Is it that you don't like the effect?

Blurry?  No.  Usually, if I'm leaning into the wide aperture
like that I'm handholding it way too slow. Also, the DOF is so
narrow that critical focusing becomes an issue.

When the light gets low I've got several choices:  Tripod,
monopod, shoulder stock/tripod thingy, flash, higher speed
films, wider angle lenses and digital.

If I'm shooting Velvia, I don't bother taking the picture unless
it's well stabilized.

If I'm shooting B&W, I can always push Delta 400 one or two
stops faster (ISO 1600).

If I'm shooting people/events, I'm using flash.

If I'm in 1/30 land, I'll either use the 35/2.8 or the 24/2.8
handheld.

I'm shooting so much digital these days that image stabilization
has revolutionized my slow shutter speed photography.

The above methodology works for me. It allows me to not have
duplications in focal lengths and it allows me to use the
smaller, lighterweight Zuikos.  F2 lenses are nice, but I really
like the form-factor of the F2.8 lenses.  It also means that
except for the 200/4, IS-3's zoom and the Crown Graphic,
everything I own uses 49mm filter ring threads.

And I won't even venture into the lens coating discussion.  :)

AG-Schnozz

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail