[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:43:32 -0000
Well, so far tonight Simon, you've described me as a 'rat' deserting a
'sinking ship' and are now trying to catagorise me as an OM lover AF hating
stick shifting 50 year old car fanatic.

Reality is that modern cameras are vastly superior in performance to the OM
system; Olympus dumped all us OM lovers and produced an unmarketable 4/3
tiny sensor system; modern day 911s have as much in common with their
ancestors as the OM1 has with a Canon 1DsII (and Porsches mostly come with
auto nowadays anyway). The E-1 is a good 5 years behind the 1DsMkII - eons
in digiworld.

Olympus totally missed their target market with the E-1 and managed to
alienate most of their loyal OM customer base at the same time.

That just reminded me... is this the same Simon that never took me up on my
free no obligation offer to try out a modern digital system? Not sure about
the Porsche but I can probably arrange a ride in a modern Audi sports Avant
with tiptronic (auto) as well.