[OM] Re: Mysterious 'lenses' on oBoy - can anyone help?

Subject: [OM] Re: Mysterious 'lenses' on oBoy - can anyone help?
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:27:06 +0000
I think they're microscope eyepieces. The large, black domed Nikon
object at the rear looks like a microscope head.

All the best,
Gareth.

Andrew McPhee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found this oBoy auction last night
> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3851741514&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
> where the items are described as 'camera lenses'.
>
> I sent a message to the seller advising that these are definitely not
> camera lenses and as a result they have withdrawn the items from sale
> (honest people!).
>
> My guess is that they are microscope lenses or maybe telescope eyepieces
> but I really have no idea...can anyone identify what these 'lenses' are?
>
> Andrew McPhee

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bluesteel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

Support Mozilla Firefox:

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke