[OM] Re: ( OM ) e*ay charges, while we are on about that

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) e*ay charges, while we are on about that
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:57:09 -0400

> "Thanks to Gordon, I just checked the Canada post rate for this to New
> Zealand ( it was not on the print-out post-office note in lieu of a
postage
> stamp) . $6.44 Canadian or about $5.34 US.
> Henrys charged about $16.95 US. "

 > Brian

I think Olympus America is about the fairest on charging for shipping. They
shipped my C5050 for $5, and an Olympus hood for the 50/1.8 for $2. I've
bought a few things from Henrys, but you have to figure in their
overcharging for shipping when you place your bid. I've never seen what I'd
call a bargain from Henrys.

The most laughable is what I've seen on several auctions lately, a Canadian
seller posting higher rates for shipping in Canada than for shipping to the
US.  I recently won a focusing screen from a guy in the Netherlands, who
charged less for shipping than what I've paid for shipping similar items
here within Canada.

Wayne