[OM] Re: ( OM ) e*ay charges, while we are on about that

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) e*ay charges, while we are on about that
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:14:02 -0800
It's not uncommon for Adorama, B&H and KEH to charge about $15 to send
anything (within the U.S.). If you talk to them on the phone and ask that
they send it cheap, they usually will. If you don't ask you can get a
surprise. I think a lot of the internet/mail order businesses are set up to
automatically charge a minimum shipping charge, unless you ask, and its
safest to ask before you commit to buy it. I've got several things from
Henry's. Probably the shipping charges were a little higher than from the
other stores, but not very much. I'm very cautious about buying an
inexpensive item from any of them. Besides the shipping charges they seem
more error prone with small items ... anybody want to buy a T-mount
described as a vivitar series 1 T-mount (but clearly isn't)? how about a
T-cord that seems to fit a 310 flash rather than a T flash? The actual
packing seems to be hit and miss also. They've split my order and I've
received film in a large cardboard box packed with peanuts that could have
held an OM and half a dozen lenses (no extra charge for two shipments). I
don't think the "collecting the money for shipping" is tied very closely to
the actual shipping.

It seems the big guys don't do all that great of job taking care of the
small details. Sorry to hear you had to pay so much for the lens hood.

-jeff