[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:59:35 -0000
Radek wrote:

> But such decision should be made 5 years ago with introduction
> of AF OM which anyway already Maitani had designed and not
> the OM system let die. In my opinion it's definitelly late now and nobody
> can resurrect the OM system.

But not everyone wants AF. We are a tiny proportion of camera users, but by
definition we (at the very least) don't *need* AF, neither do we *demand* AF,
and many of us may indeed be far happier *without* AF.

In just the same way as not everyone wants a car with an automatic gearbox,
even amongst non-enthusiasts.

The OM system may be getting slightly long in the tooth, but so, arguably, is
the Porsche 911.

Simon