Re: [OM] E-1 first impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 first impressions
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 07:32:45 -0500
Well, maybe the camera will actually be in one's pocket attached to a pair
of shades you were, and you just look in the direction you want your photo.
I'm sure display technology will eventually get really good. But I have found,
for myself, the SLR viewfinder (magnification), with larger area view, helps me
compose and helps me pre-visualize my final outcome. Then I can make
choices on exposure. A display technology that also shows the result of
exposure is not as important to me as it is to able to see as much as possible.
When I use a rangefinder display, I do compose differently - I tend to
compose in my mind before looking in the display. A different process that
leads to different results. For macro work (or telephoto work) and critical
focus
choice, I need the good SLR viewfinder.

How much bulkier would the E-1 display be if they increased the magnification?
Wouldn't it just require a different eye piece lens? Or do they also need to
increase the pentaprism?

Wayne