Re: [OM] E-1 first impressions and SOME OM4 images FROM SOMALIA...

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 first impressions and SOME OM4 images FROM SOMALIA...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:04:02 -0500
Keep in mind that wire service and other daily news photographers are
not giving two seconds thought to preserving their equipment - their
meals depend on making the shot. If that means wacking someone out of
the way with that 300 2.8, they wack. If it means basically dropping the
bag of gear on the run to make the shot - they drop it. I've had great
luck with my OM4t and lenses, despite my daughter having had the gear
for about the past four years, during which she has not taken proper
care of it at all. But I tend to be fairly careful of my equipment, and
do not usually do the kind of shooting where it's going to get knocked
around...
speaking of which....

OM4t images shot in Somalia in January, 1993. The paper 'lost' the color
negs, so these are scanned from really lousy contact sheets...
http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/image-55569.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/image-55570.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/image-55601.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/image-55602.html