Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy

Subject: Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy
From: Roger Skully <robinsnes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:56:08 -0400
On 4/15/03 8:04 PM, "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, the 1280 and 2200 are entirely different printers.  I can't explain the
> difference, but the use different ink technologies.  It started with the
> 1270 and 2100.  In theory, the 2200 is more archival, while the 1280 is
> better with glossies, but I believe the tests showed them to be similarly
> archival.

I recently purchased a 960 Epson. I was told by the people at Inkjetart.com
that the 2200 was pigment and the 1280/960 were dye based. Presumably the
colors were more vivid with dye, while the pigment had greater longevity.
The 1280 and the 960 have the same type of ink. The 960 has individual tanks
while the 1280 has all of its colors in one tank. Both are 6 ink models,
while the 2200 is a 7 ink printer. I did not have the need for larger prints
than A4, but the 2200 and 1280 will do larger prints. Very confusing...but I
am happy with the quality of the prints from the 960. Yellow seems to run
out faster than the other colors for me:-)
Good luck.
Roger'

--
Roger Skully