Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy

Subject: Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy
From: W Shumaker <omlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:42:34 -0400
At 10:25 PM 4/15/2003, you wrote:
>The 2200, with it's UltraChrome pigment inks, is the most archival OEM printer
>on the market today.  There's one (or it's successor) in my future, hopefully
>this year if I can make room for it.  The 6-color ink set comes in individual
>cartridges, which saves a lot on replacements.  I've seen prints from it, and
>they're magnificant; perhaps not as punchy as those on glossy from a 1280, but
>I'd rather have 990f the quality for many times the lifetime.
>
>It's a winner.

I have the 1200 printer and it is noisy. However, the 2200 is very quiet in
comparison. Once I had to go over and check it because I thought it had
stopped printing. If you get this printer, with individual inks, depending on
what you print, the light magenta burns the fastest, followed by light cyan.
You'll want about 4x as many of these cartridges.

I didn't know the 2200 was more archival than the 2000P? I have heard
that the most archival prints with the 2200 is with matte paper, and
requires a separate matte black ink.

Wayne