Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy

Subject: Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy
From: "Grigorov, Boris" <BGrigorov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:41:28 -0400
Hi,
I did some research recently on the subject and also posted the question to
the list.  In my case, I wanted to go cheap, because this is going to be my
first photo printer and is kinda learning experience through experiment....I
do not feel confident in my printing skills.  This is why the C*n*n system
appeals to me.  It uses separate ink cartriges, it is quiet and fast.
Everyone here on the list would tell you how wonderful their Epsons are and
after of years of reading what they had to post here, I believe it is true.
But from my research, I found out that Epsons are prone to have clogged
nozzles and it takes a lot of ink to clean them out.  The ink comes in one
cartrige and if one color runs out, you must replace the whole thing.  I was
told that on the Canon if one cartrige runs out in the middle of print job,
it does not affect the quality at all.  They (the Epsons)are not as fast and
quiet, and the quality of the smaller ones ( the ones that I am looking at
do not print larger than 8 1/2 X 11) is definetly inferior.  On the other
hand, with the Canon, you have the issue with the faster fadding colors, but
from I was told by another list member, it might be not be if you use
different paper.
Hope this helps

Boris Grigorov

Avionics System Engineer