Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy

Subject: Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:04:54 -0400
No, the 1280 and 2200 are entirely different printers.  I can't explain the
difference, but the use different ink technologies.  It started with the
1270 and 2100.  In theory, the 2200 is more archival, while the 1280 is
better with glossies, but I believe the tests showed them to be similarly
archival.

Tom

> Fry's Electronics had it with $100 rebate, bringing the price down to $399
> think. I suspect this is being superseded by the 2200 and thus the
> rebate...? I'm not sure how long this sale lasts or if the rebate is an
> ongoing thing, so shop around. There may be online sellers lower than
Fry's,